Meet the speakers
- March 10, 2015 12:07 PM
- Larry Wall, 3 years of Cluj Perl Community, 5 amazing speakers and more than 200 minutes of quality Perl talks. This is a combo you shouldn't miss! Sign up, see you at the event!
- Needs no introduction, I guess, he created Perl and that speaks for itself
- Actively took part in some YAPCs, LPWs and Cluj.pm meetings, either as a participant or speaker.
- I usually use Perl for web-development, but I also do some experiments with it just for fun.
- I have recently started doing the same with Perl 6 and its modules.
- Started coding Perl three years ago, it was a build-in scripting language on my iMac;
- Oldest 'send-a-newbie' ever send to a YAPC, "proudly sponsored by the community";
- Co-organizer Dutch Perl Workshop (NLPW), from decline to doubled attendees and triple?
socializer, give me a call and we'll have an emergency social when you
are in the Netherlands;
- Annoying purist that loves standards, so be prepared before you start a fight;
- Act-Voyager Captain, the Next Generation, TPF $6.000 Grant... no way back!
- Restarted THEMA-MEDIA (1994 founded), Perl for profit and fun and the community;
- Children's church preacher and some few years later.... math-teacher;
- Graphic designer that loves typography, and now, my favorite font: courier;
- Spoiled iOS developer, where things are easy, because Apple build a huge fence;
- Insane ideas that got stuck getting out of a bizarre mind, worth a million dollars;
- Love to be back in the race after some detours, but hack, that is life;
- Trains take longer to bring you at your destination, but it's more comfortable and more exciting;
- I love all things related to science & technology, particularly astrophysics, biotech, renewable energy and robotics.
- I'm a passionate trend spotter, I advocate
common sense and its use in business, lifestyle and social interactions. I'm a
calm and mindful person thanks to the daily practice of meditation and I prefer
experiences over things.
- My main activities include dealing with
corporate & disruptive innovation, product conception, development &
management and overseeing the operations of the startups and internal projects
I'm involved in. I every now and then take on speaking engagements and mentor a
handful of startups.
- Also, for the past eight years I've been working
with various agencies around the world on the campaigns of some notable
companies - Jaguar, Land Rover, H&M, Duracell, Pringles and HP just to name
- My love for startups & innovation is only surpassed by my passion for science & education.
- He has been active in the Perl community for
roughly 15 years, and has spoken at Perl conferences in America and Europe. He
was the second release manager for Perl6's first VM, Parrot
3 years down, forever to go: REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
- March 5, 2015 3:19 PM
Thank you guys for sending in talk proposals, it's now time to announce the schedule!
We've got five amazing speakers, like ... drum sounds... Larry Wall (our guest speaker and creator of Perl), Jeff, Mihai, Theo & Lorand. Without further ado, let's introduce the details & agenda:
Date: 16 March 2015
Time: 5:30 pm; Registration begins at 5:00 pm; Conference starts at 5:30 pm.
Venue: City Plaza - 9 - 13, Sindicatelor Street (Ballroom located at the mezzanine), Cluj Napoca
Guest Speaker: LARRY WALL
RSVP: by registering at http://bit.ly/RSVP-Clujpm-16mar2015 until March 12th. You will receive a confirmation of participation on March 13th.
5:00 - 5:30 - Welcome coffee & Registration
5:30 - 6:10 - Opening Keynote, "Things I do for Fun" Larry Wall, 40 min
6:10 - 6:50 - "do you speak-a my language", Theo van Hoesel, 40 min
6:50 - 7:10 - Coffee Break, 20 min
7:10 - 7:50 - "Intrapreneurship, Innovation & Perl", Lorand Minyo, 40 min
7:50 - 8:10 - "Having Fun with a quick Perl 6 ORM", Mihai Pop, 20 min
8:10 - 8:20 - Coffee Break, 10 min
8:20 - 8:40 - "Everything old is New Again: Quaternions in Perl 6", Jeff Goff, 20 min
8:40 - 8:45 - "UNDISCLOSED Lightning Talk" Theo van Hoesel, 5 min
8:45 - 9:15 - "Q & A Session with Larry Wall" & Closing Notes, 30 min
9:15 pm onwards - Social event @ Maimuta Plangatoare (How to get from City Plaza Hotel to the after-party venue: here)
Note: Schedule and topics are subject to change.
For updates on topics and course of events please visit our website, Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
Contact Person: Amalia, email@example.com - for any info concerning the event
Keep you posted!
We've closed the call for speakers
- March 5, 2015 1:45 PM
As you've probably seen already on Twitter and Facebook, yesterday was the last day for submitting your awesome talks. The call for speakers for the upcoming Cluj.pm event closed last night, on March 4th.
We have got many talk submissions and ended up with great line-up of speakers, and let's not forget our wonderful guest speaker, Larry Wall, the creator of Perl. Everything seems to be right on track.
Don't forget: do not make any plans (that don't include the cluj.pm meeting) for March 16th (It is a Monday, by the way)!
Next on our to-do list: TODAY we're going to announce the schedule and, of course, opening the Registration for the event.
Once again, I'd like to thank all the speakers for sending talk proposals, we will notify everybody shortly.
Call for speakers - 3 days left
- March 2, 2015 4:24 PM
- ONLY 3 DAYS left to submit your awesome talk for the upcoming Cluj.pm event! Guest speaker: Larry Wall! Join him. Submission details on website!
Happy Birthday, Cluj.pm!
- March 2, 2015 12:38 PM
3 years ago, on March 2nd, a new community was formed. We were hosting the first Cluj.pm event, feat Matt S. Trout. Happy Birthday, Cluj.pm!